Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trans fats are bad for migraines

Many people do not realize the enormous significance of dietary intake in the cause and elimination of migraine headaches. Yes, most migraineurs realize that there are certain triggers. I am not talking so much about these triggers; even though they are definitely significant in migraine attacks.

Trans fats, found in poly saturated vegetable oils (shortenings) and all highly heated oils, become stable and hard for the body to break down. Trans fats are more inert and nonreactive to body chemistry.

Trans fats are simply hard to metabolize and eliminate from the body. According to Dr. DeMaria's book: "Dr. Bob's TransFat Survival Guide", the half life is 18 days. Realistically it takes 51 days to purge your body of most of a trans fat.


If you eat a lot of french fries or consume a lot of shortening, margarine and preserved foods, you accumulate these harmful fats. You tax and overload you body, especially the liver and kidneys.

How do these "fats" work? Trans fats cause inflammation in the body, resulting in aches and pains everywhere. Postglandins, which are natural pain relievers are neutralized. Not surprisingly the body chemistry is disrupted and I'm convinced that future research will co-relate increased migraines due to the blood vessel inflammation from these agents.

Research has already shown that inflammation due to homocysteine, from excess red meat consumption, significantly increases migraine headaches. I would say ditto to all preservatives. If you have difficulty in metabolizing and elimination of any irritants such toxic chemicals and preservatives, you can trigger headaches.

I do not advise you what to do, but I find a diet free of anything toxic or inflammatory eliminates 95% of my vascular headaches. Man adulterated foods and preservatives are generally bad.

What also helps? A good vitamin B complex supplement that includes B-2, B-6, B-12 and Folic acid significantly reduces migraine headaches in proven studies. Magnesium is beneficial. Also there are other supplements that help prevent migraine headaches...Denis Van Loan DDS


For more free information on migraine headache relief go to to my website of http://www.migraineheadache-relief.com/

1 comment:

  1. I have long felt a special connection with herbal medicine. First, it's natural, Charlie attended the same small college in Southern California - Claremont Men's College - although he dropped out of school to enroll in the Julliard School of Performing Arts in New York. York. Had he been to Claremont, he would have been senior the year I started there; I often thought that was the reason he was gone when he discovered that I had herpes. So, my life was lonely, all day, I could not stand the pain of the outbreak, and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her two weeks of consumption. I place an order for him and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for two weeks. All my wound is completely healed no more epidemic. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Phytotherapy.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp ... 2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    Hepatitis,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Tach Disease,Shingles,
    Lung Cancer
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete